Friday, June 8, 2012

The Great Exchange

Then He said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for You.  Take this cup away from Me;
                          nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will."  Mark 14:36

For my sake and for yours, I am so thankful that Jesus not only said to His Father, "not what I will, but what You will." He walked out His Father's will.  Why did it have to be this way?  I don't understand all of that.  But in trusting and believing He has made me into a new creation.  He has done in my life what I couldn't do for myself.

I have several of those - Take this cup away from me LORD.......................

So this Lenten Season He has so graciously spoke to my heart about those things.   

First I bought a large white mug, a red paint pen and wrote on the mug, 

        "Take This Cup
          nevertheless
          Not my will, but Yours be done."     Luke 22:42

Then I cut up little strips of paper and put them with a pen in another mug next to the "Take This Cup".  

As I have gone to Him I have written, most times, the same thing over and over on the paper and placed them in the cup.  It's been a visual, a place of trading if you will, from my hands into His hands.  It's been a place where the  holding on to, worrying, has being exchanged for His grace, His peace, His view point and seeing those things from His perspective instead of mine.  It's been a place of grace, a place of healing. 


Not to say that those things have changed in the natural.  They are still there.  It's how I see them that has changed.   Still being in the storm but having a different perspective in the storm.  By His divine grace being able to dance in the storm.  

Still sometimes wanting to cry but going back to the "Take This Cup" and rewriting the mountain down and placing it back into the cup - once again taking it from my hands and putting into His hands and again being able to dance once again.  


I am humbled by His grace once again being revealed in my life.  Once again in awe of His work in my life,  His great concern and love for me to take my life and redeem all things in it.
  
He is about redeeming - My Redeemer Lives!!!  

The tomb is empty - to the tomb is the cross and it's through the cross and the Blood of the Lamb that was shed that makes all things new and gives us the ability to place our lives, it all into His hands for His will to be accomplished in our lives instead of our will.   I am so thankful that He so patiently teaches us this transfer throughout our lives.  Our sin for His life.  It is the Great Exchange all provided by because of His great love for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment