Saturday, April 6, 2013

Living on the Edge

My Gabrielle loves to live on the edge. 

  She loves to show that her Creator YHWH does the impossible. 

"For with God nothing will be impossible."  Luke 1:37

 She has become as a wonder (miracle) to many while she declares that He is her strong refuge (a hope, a shelter from the storm) and her mouth is filled with His praise and with His glory all the day.  Psalm 71:7-8.


The medical community says any body temperature under 95 F is life threatening and needs medical supervision in warming the body back up.

Gabrielle loves to say, "Take my temperature and you will see that I am a living, breathing miracle to testify that Jesus lives and He upholds me and NOTHING is impossible with Him."

Most of this year her temperature has read right around 91.9 F.  
She is upheld and sustained by Him.  

"All things were created through Him and for Him.  And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist."  Colossians 1:16-17   My precious daughter was created through Him and she was created for Him.  I can sit and linger here.  Her life brings Him glory and honor because He created her.  It's not about what she does, or what she doesn't do.  Just the same for me, for you. 

Having a child like Gabrielle is like walking a tight rope most of the time.  You have to have your focus set like a flint on the prize ~ Jesus Christ.  There are daily, daily struggles turning into months and years that are constantly there trying to knock you off the rope.  You learn to daily pick up your cross and move forward with your eyes and hope set on the ROCK, the anchor of your soul. Being reminded that I don't support the root, but the root supports me.  Romans 11:18  And finding great peace here.

I read Jesus words in John 15:5, "for without Me you can do nothing." and I realize this includes breathing.  Me breathing and my precious child breathing.  I  realize that even my breath, Gabrielle's breath is a gift from the LORD God who created the heaven and earth and created this fragile child.  Fragile in the eyes of the world that is.  I'm not so convince the LORD God would "label" her as fragile or any of these special children.

So, if I can't even breath on my own, no wonder I struggle to live this life on my own.  Often people say to me, "Jodi, I don't know how you do it."  Let me testify that I don't "do it."  Jesus does it.  He does it through me. 

 He supplies

 the strength..............
 the grace.................
 the rest...................
 just like He supplies the breath..............

  And yes it is through a lot of tears 
  but it's glorious
  when you find Him "in the thick cloud."  Exodus 19:3  

And yes, HE is here, in the thick cloud of suffering, of trials ~ in yours and in mine.  "Oh taste and see that The LORD God is good."  Psalm 34:8 and His mercy endures from everlasting to everlasting.  

Me ~ Learning to love fearlessly again because of my precious daughter who shouts from the mountain tops, "My God, YHWH, reigns and He is good and He still does the impossible today!" You will have to hear her with your heart not your ears.
  
Gabrielle, our precious daughter is 14 year old who suffered a severe brain injury at birth.  She is still total care in all areas of life.  She is a living, breathing testimony to the greatness of the LORD God we serve.  She is a teacher.  If you will listen to her with your heart, you will learn much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment